Beautiful, state-of-the-art facilities await you as you choose Peterson’s “Back to Life” program for knee or hip replacement. From start to finish, Peterson staff is here to help you return to the life and activities you love. Step by step, the journey to joint replacement will be supported by a coordinated and caring staff.
Your Journey Begins Here
Here is the path to a positive outcome:
- Attend the Back to Life class, free, on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Monday of each month. The class is a joint replacement surgery overview and orientation. Hear our orthopedic surgeons, an anesthesiologist, and joint care coordinator who care for our patients, as they walk you through the process and answer any questions you or your family member may have. Call us anytime for more information at (830)258-7233. Find this class on our Calendar of Events online!
- Schedule surgery with your physician. Surgery will be scheduled and conducted by one of Peterson’s three award-winning orthopedic experts using the most advanced techniques in our state-of-the-art surgical suites. Dr. Robert Mitchell, Dr. Clint Morris, and Dr. Ryan Veurink have many years of combined experience and form a strong team of support to see you through surgery and recovery to rehabilitation. View all of our Orthopedic Surgeons here.
- Discuss pain control before, during, and after surgery to minimize surgical pain and hasten recovery.
- After surgery, you receive exceptional, compassionate, patient-centered care from our nurses and expert therapists in the beautiful and relaxing private-rooms of our post surgical unit. This quiet and healing environment features private-rooms all overlooking the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Plan your stay here.
- We will assist you in establishing a discharge plan that connects you with the care you need for outpatient rehabilitation, and loving support at home with the assistance of Peterson Home Care if needed and eligible. Get more information on Outpatient Rehabilitation or Peterson Home Care here.
Getting Back to Life is a Team Effort!
Need to know who is on your side and on the sidelines to support your journey through joint replacement? Our multidisciplinary team includes participants and their families, as well as your orthopedic surgeon, anesthesiologists, registered nurses in pre-admissions, patient care technicians, physical and occupational therapists, dedicated case managers who will develop personalized discharge plans, and a host of ancillary staff including pharmacists, dieticians, respiratory therapists, outpatient therapy an homecare. The team will grow as you need until you are fully restored and back to life…the life you loved. You may find helpful resources you need if considering Joint Replacement here. Joint Replacement Journey Resources