When you’re dealing with a health condition or recovering from an injury or surgery, your comfort is essential to healing. We understand that home is where you’re most comfortable and often where you sleep better and recover faster.
At Peterson Home Care, we bring our expert care into the comfort of your own home. We partner with you to help you meet your recovery goals so you can return to doing what you love. We also team up with caregivers to educate and empower them to participate in your care, and we offer support along the way.
The Power of Peterson in Home Care
We skillfully balance your medical need with your desire to heal where you’re most comfortable and happy: home. Our registered nurses are available all hours of the day, and we offer scheduled weekend visits as needed and per your doctor’s orders.
Our services allow you to receive the care you need while living independently and safely in your home. We offer:
- Team approach: Our team meets weekly to discuss each individual’s care. Our team includes a medical director, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, nurse aides, home health aides, therapists, social workers, counselors and volunteers.
- Collaborative care: We partner with all primary care doctors and specialists to understand your medical history and share updates with them on your health. We also work with pathologists and radiologists to provide efficient and precise diagnosis.
- Convenient diagnostic testing: We collect blood samples and perform standard vitals testing right from your home. We can also coordinate portable X-ray services with your doctor.
Kerrville Daily Times Readers’ Choice Award 2018 and 2019
Home Care Services
At Peterson Home Care, we offer a full range of services, including home care assistance, skilled nursing care and home health services. We also offer respite care for families of veterans who qualify based on their military service connection.
Our home care services are available in Bandera, Boerne, Center Point, Comfort, Fredericksburg, Harper, Hunt, Ingram, Kerrville, Medina, Mountain Home and Pipe Creek. We begin with meeting with you to talk about your treatment goals so we can develop a care plan that helps you achieve them.
Home care assistance
Our home health aides provide home care assistance to help you live independently and safely with confidence. Services include:
- Self-care services to help with personal care tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming and using the toilet
- Basic homemaker services to help with household tasks such as laundry, housekeeping and preparing meals
- Companionship through hobbies such as crafting, playing board games or cards or walking — whatever it is you enjoy
- Transferring individuals who are immobile to prevent falls
- Supervision to keep individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia safe and healthy while their caretaker goes to work or takes care of personal needs
Skilled nursing care
Our nurses are equipped to deliver all the medications your doctor prescribes. For the medications that don’t require a nurse to deliver them, we will teach you or a caregiver how to give them.
Home health services
Our home health services include:
- Occupational therapy: Our occupational therapists will visit your home to look for safety concerns such as fall hazards. They will recommend and teach you how to use equipment, such as a canes and walkers, bed and toilet railings, and shower chairs.
- Physical therapy: Our physical therapists will work with you to build your strength after undergoing hip or knee replacement or experiencing a stroke or heart attack.
- Speech therapy: Our speech therapists diagnose disorders affecting language, communication, cognition and swallowing and use techniques to restore those skills.
- Wound care: Peterson wound care specialists offer treatments to help heal wounds related to diabetes or peripheral vascular disease. Treatments include physical therapy, plastic surgery, podiatry and vascular surgery.
Respite care at home
We work with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide respite care at home to families of veterans. The VA’s home respite care program pays for a certified nurse to come to your home or for you to go to an adult day care program. If you opt for in-home respite care, the certified nurse will handle your basic care needs and housekeeping.
Respite care allows your caregiver to leave your home while ensuring that your needs are covered. Home respite care is available for up to six hours at a time.
Safety and security measures
We understand that you may have reservations about welcoming specialists into your home, especially while you’re not feeling at your best. We take every precaution to ensure your safety:
- Pre-visit phone calls: Before each visit, we will communicate our arrival time and what you can expect. We will also call you to introduce ourselves and schedule your in-home consultation.
- Background checks: We perform pre-employment background checks to ensure that we only have the most trustworthy individuals coming into contact with you.
- Uniforms and badges: Each member of our clinical staff wears a uniform with a Peterson Health logo. Every employee wears a badge with a Peterson Health logo and photo identification.
Our Home Care Team
Our nurturing team is dedicated to your comfort and recovery goals. Our nurses and certified nurse aides collaborate with your doctor to design a care plan that meets your physical, emotional and social needs. They also work with our medical director, the area’s only board-certified palliative doctor and one of a small number in the nation.
Ask Your Doctor for a Referral or Refer a Patient
Ask your doctor for a referral to Peterson Home Care, or for more information, call us at 830-258-7400.
Peterson Home Care accepts most types of commercial insurance. Some types of commercial insurance may require a pre-authorization. If possible, please provide 24 to 48 hours of notice before you need to begin home care. To discuss your options and coverage, call us at 830-258-7400.
Medicare fully covers home health services.
As the only non-profit home care service in the Hill Country region, we pride ourselves in our ability to care for all individuals, regardless of their ability to pay.