At Peterson Health, we’re elevating health. And making great strides – with our Back to Life Joint Replacement program, designed to help orthopedic patients get back to their lives, healthy, whole and as quickly as possible.
Accredited by the Joint Commission, this program, along with 90 years of combined orthopedic expertise, makes us the only hospital in Texas to be recognized with 5-stars for Total Knee Replacement, Total Hip Replacement, and Hip Fracture Treatment. Our surgeons and staff work as a team to help our patients bounce back faster – in most cases, two surgeons are involved in every procedure. Whether knees, hips or shoulders, our dedicated surgeons provide patient centered care from pre- to post-op, in order to restore the functional independence of our patients.
Special features of the joint replacement program include:
• Nurses and therapists who specialize in the care of joint patients
• Emphasis on group activities, as well as highly specialized individual care
• Occupational therapists to teach how assistive devices, joint protections, and energy conservation techniques can be used during daily living, work and leisure activities
• The involvement of friends and family as “coaches” in the recovery process
• A RN Care Coordinator who assists you through the discharge process
We invite you and your “coach” to attend one of the pre-operative orientation sessions or joint replacement classes before your surgery. To schedule a free class or for more information, call our Joint Care Coordinator at 830.258.7336.