Before you call, it is a good idea to contact your physician’s office to get the best description possible of the services that you need. Then, if you have insurance, contact your insurance company and make sure that the services required are “covered services” under your specific plan. If they are not “covered”, then you would be considered “uninsured” for these services.
When you call us, please try to have the following information at hand so that we can provide you with our best estimate of your financial responsibility.
- Description of services needed – we will need to know as much information as possible about the specific services needed as described by your physician.
- Type of serves needed – we need to know if you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or if you are expected to be treated on an outpatient basis.
- Physician/Specialist Name – example, if you are having surgery, we will want to know the surgeon’s name.
- If you have insurance, we will also need:
- Your insurance cared – please have your card available so that, if needed, we can get the following information from you: name of insurance company, type of policy (e.g. HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity), policy holder’s name, group name and number, policy number, insurance company phone number.
- Policy holder’s personal information – it is possible that the insurance company will want us to verify the Social Security Number and date of birth of the person who is named as the primary insurance policy holder.