Medical expenses should not and will not prevent you from receiving comfort care at the end of life. Hospice care is typically covered in full by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance providers.
Peterson Hospice bills directly to Medicare, Medicaid and/or private insurance for hospice care. These benefits usually cover 100 percent of hospice care, including medical equipment, supplies and medications for the terminal diagnosis and related conditions. Hospice encourages early referrals so our patients and their loved ones may receive the maximum benefits available through the comprehensive services we provide.
Medicare Hospice Benefits include:
- 100% coverage of medications to control pain and other symptoms related to the terminal illness and related conditions
- 100% coverage of durable medical equipment and medical supplies without deductible or copay
- Homemaker and home health aides
- Inpatient respite care
- Inpatient care with no deductible
- Continuous nursing care in the home during periods of medical crisis
- Bereavement support
- Trained volunteers
- Professional management and supervision of hospice care in all settings, including inpatient
- Ongoing spiritual support for both patient and family
- Nurse on call with MD backup 24/7
- Family supportive care
Please note: A patient does not have to be homebound to receive the Medicare Hospice Benefit.
Because of the generous support of our donors, no one is turned away from Peterson Hospice because of an inability to pay. Contact us to learn more about hospice care, or make a donation to help ensure this care is available to anyone in our service area who needs it – now and into the future.