Whether you’re receiving treatment for a health concern or have chosen to stop treatment for a terminal illness, your wellbeing and wishes are important to you and your loved ones. We deliver expert hospice and home care and strive to do so from the place where you’re most comfortable — your home.
At Peterson Hospice and Home Care, your comfort and goals are our priority — not just the goals for your care, but also the goals for your life. Our compassionate hospice and home care teams are dedicated to understanding your wishes and making them a reality.
The Power of Peterson in Hospice and Home Care
It’s not easy to know when you or a loved one may need long-term or end-of-life care, and weighing your options can feel overwhelming. We’re here to help you understand your options and decide what’s right for you. We offer:
- Team approach: We bring together all members of our care team on a weekly basis to discuss each individual’s care. Our team includes a medical director, nurses, certified nurse aides, social workers, hospice chaplains and volunteers.
- Collaborative care: We partner with primary care doctors and specialists both within and outside Peterson Health to understand your medical history and keep them updated regarding your care. We also work with pathologists and radiologists to provide efficient and precise diagnosis.
- Seamless experience: Our hospice and home care programs are joined under the leadership of one medical director, providing you a smooth transition between services. And as part of Peterson Health, we have access to an entire network of providers and specialists and coordinate your care for you.
- Convenient diagnostic testing: We bring our diagnostic testing to you, wherever you’re receiving care. We collect blood samples and can also coordinate portable X-ray services with your doctor.
- 24/7 access to emergency care: We are the area’s only hospice and home care program that has around-the-clock, daily access to emergency medications — another benefit of choosing Peterson Health.
Learning that you have a short amount of time to live is difficult to cope with and accept. If you want to stop receiving treatments and instead focus on comfort, hospice may be right for you.
We work to relieve your symptoms while honoring your wishes to stop receiving treatment. We also offer support for you and your loved ones to nurture your mind, body and spirit.
Recovering from an injury or surgery and dealing with a disability or chronic illness can be challenging. Home care may be right for you if you want to remain in your home while you receive the care or assistance you need.
We offer all aspects of home care, including home care assistance, skilled nursing care and home health services. We also provide respite care through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to families of veterans who qualify based on their military service connection.
Wondering if hospice or home care is right for you?
Complete our brief questionnaire to find the program that is right for you or your loved one.
Our Hospice and Home Care Experts
Our experts will surround you with compassionate care and guide you through each step of your care journey, from consultation through discharge. Our medical director is the area’s only board-certified hospice and palliative doctor and one of a small number in the nation.
Learn More About Peterson Hospice and Home Care
For more information about our hospice and home care services and Medicare coverage, call us at 830.258.7400.
As the only non-profit hospice and home care service in the Hill Country region, we pride ourselves in our ability to care for all individuals, regardless of their ability to pay.