FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Lisa Winters
March 31, 2020, 2020 830-258-7628
FIRST COVID-19 CASE A PETERSON HEALTH EMPLOYEE
Patient Followed CDC and Peterson Guidelines
Today, Kerr County received their first positive COVID-19 patient. Peterson Health can now report that the individual is an employee. The individual, who had travel history, was admitted to PRMC after selfreporting symptoms related to COVID-19, then later discharged home for isolation.
The individual and all PRMC staff followed all standard precautions, accepted protocols and procedures to protect medical staff, employees, and patients.
Cory Edmondson, President and CEO shared, “While we were hoping Kerr County would not see a positive COVID-19 case, if we had to have a best case scenario this might be it. As a Peterson employee, the individual was armed with all of the right information and instructions through our diligent preparedness and education to all employees since the outbreak of this virus. We are proud of how this individual handled the situation from the beginning by recognizing the symptoms, self-reporting, and self-isolating.” Peterson Health reports that the individual remains at home and is reportedly recovering. Edmondson reminds our community that is important now, more than ever, to continue the following:
- Continue recommended social distancing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Don’t go to work if you are sick.
Peterson Health will continue to update the community on additional cases, if needed, on their website at www.petersonhealth.com, as well as in their one-minute audio message featured on the site. Peterson Health has also established a COVID-19 hotline for questions and for answers. The number is manned by registered nurses and is open from 6am-Midnight, seven (7) days a week. Call (830) 896-4200 and select Option 1.
For more information, contact Lisa Winters, Director of Marketing and Community Relations (830)2587628.