- This event has passed.
Joint Replacement Class
May 16 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 3:30 pm on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
An event every month that begins at 3:30 pm on day Third of the month, repeating indefinitely
An event every month that begins at 3:30 pm on day Fifth of the month, repeating indefinitely
One event on November 28, 2022 at 3:30 pm
At Peterson Health, care begins the moment you and your physician decide that hip or knee replacement is the best option for you. Our class will help you and your loved ones prepare for your journey Back to Life. You will receive valuable information on everything from preparing yourself and your home, to nutrition and exercise before and after surgery.
During the class, you will learn about:
- The surgical procedure
- The role of physical therapy in your recovery
- Care you will receive before, during and after surgery
- Specialized equipment that will aid you in rehabiltation
- How pain will be controlled throughout the process
- Leaving the hospital
- Answers to any questions you may have
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone scheduled for a knee or hip replacement (we also encourage attendees to bring a family member or friend with you that will be with you throughout your journey)
- Anyone who wishes to know more about our knee and hip replacement program.
- Family and caregiver participation is strongly encouraged
- Registration is encouraged, but not required
- Class and materials are complimentary
- An orthopedic surgeon will present at each live presentation
To register, or for more information, please call our Joint Coordinator at 830.258.7233