At Peterson Health, every employee contributes to the vision, mission and values of this organization. In return, we aim to provide the best workplace our employees could hope for. From competitive salaries, a safe and serene facility, selective benefits, health and wellness programs, tuition assistance and recognition events, Peterson Health is not only the largest employer in Kerr County but one of the strongest, since 1949.
Serenely settled on a scenic 35-acre campus, our 124-bed hospital features comfortably private rooms. Within our main campus is our Emergency Department and over 25 key service lines/departments to include a certified Acute Rehab Unit; our Texas Ten Step designated maternity unit, The Baby Place, and Women’s Services; an Intensive Care Unit; our expanded Heart and Vascular Center providing Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Radiology, seven surgical suites; and an award-winning Center for Orthopedic Health for total joint replacement, and more. Peterson’s neighboring Ambulatory Care Center offers outpatient surgical services, radiology/imaging, outpatient rehabilitation, including a full sized pool for aquatic therapy and pediatric rehab services, and a wound healing program with two hyperbaric chambers.
Rounding out Peterson family of services are Peterson Hospice, Peterson Home Care, Peterson Medical Associates, Peterson’s Outreach Lab, Peterson Community Care, Peterson Urgent Care, Peterson Specialty Care in Boerne, and a new rural clinic in Bandera.
• Peterson Health was recently named a nation’s Top 20 Rural Community Hospital. This award is the highest distinction given by the National Rural Health Association. Hospitals are scored based on the Hospital Strength Index, a nationwide hospital rating system. Peterson Health excelled across eight categories from inpatient and outpatient market share, quality, outcomes, patient perspectives, to financial stability.
• Joint Commission Certified – Hospital, Home Health, Hospice, Ambulatory Care Center
• Joint Commission Certified – Back to Life Total Joint Replacement Program
• Joint Commission Certified – Stroke
• SOUND Gulf Region Top 5 for outstanding clinical performance in 2017 – Peterson Hospitalist Program
• 2017 Gulf Region Symphony Award for outstanding clinical performance at a small site (defined as 12 FTE or less) – Peterson Hospitalist Program
• 34th Healthcare Advertising Awards Gold Winner for Elevating Health Brand Campaign and Integrated Marketing Campaign
• Texas 10 Step Program Facility – Women’s Services
• StormReady Site as designated by the National Weather Service
• 3D Digital Mammography
• DEXA Bone Density Scanner
• Hydrotherapy Labor Pool
• Certascan Digital Foot Scan System
• da Vinci Robotics System®
• AccuVein Thermal Vein Scanner
• Two Hyperbaric Wound Care Chambers
• Dynavision Visual Moto and Neuro-Cognitive Rehab and Sports Training Device