At Peterson Health, every employee contributes to the vision, mission and values of this organization. In return, we aim to provide the best workplace our employees could hope for. From competitive salaries, a safe and serene facility, selective benefits, health and wellness programs, tuition assistance and recognition events, Peterson Health is not only the largest employer in Kerr County but one of the strongest, since 1949.
Serenely settled on a scenic 35-acre campus, our 124-bed hospital features comfortably private rooms. Within our main campus is our Emergency Department and over 25 key service lines/departments to include a certified Acute Rehab Unit; our Texas Ten Step designated maternity unit, The Baby Place, and Women’s Services; an Intensive Care Unit; our expanded Heart and Vascular Center providing Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Radiology, seven surgical suites; and an award-winning Center for Orthopedic Health for total joint replacement, and more. Peterson’s neighboring Ambulatory Care Center offers outpatient surgical services, radiology/imaging, outpatient rehabilitation, including a full sized pool for aquatic therapy and pediatric rehab services, and a wound healing program with two hyperbaric chambers.
Rounding out Peterson family of services are Peterson Hospice, Peterson Home Care, Peterson Medical Associates, Peterson’s Outreach Lab, Peterson Community Care, Peterson Urgent Care, a family practice clinic in Bandera, and a rehabilitation clinic in Comfort.
Peterson Health was named a nation’s Top 20 Rural Community Hospital, the only one in Texas, in 2017. This award is the highest distinction given by the National Rural Health Association. Hospitals are scored based on the Hospital Strength Index, a nationwide hospital rating system. Peterson Health excelled across eight categories from inpatient and outpatient market share, quality, outcomes, patient perspectives, to financial stability.
With numerous national, state and regional awards over many decades, our most recent awards are as follow:
• Quality Texas Award 2020 (A precursor to the Malcolm Baldrige Award)
• Joint Commission Certified – Hospital, Home Health, Hospice, Ambulatory Care Center
• Joint Commission Certified – Back to Life Total Joint Replacement Program
• Joint Commission Certified – Stroke
• Top 20 Rural Community Hospital (4th year in a row)
• Leapfrog Group ‘A’ Rating for Safety (2nd ‘A’ rating)
• Women’s Choice Awards for Patient Safety, Patient Experience (2nd year in a row) and Orthopedics (2nd year in a row)
• Kerrville Daily Times “Readers’ Choice Awards) for Best Nurse, Best Physician, Best Hospice
• 3D Digital Mammography
• DEXA Bone Density Scanner
• Hydrotherapy Labor Pool
• Certascan Digital Foot Scan System
• da Vinci Robotics System®
• AccuVein Thermal Vein Scanner
• Two Hyperbaric Wound Care Chambers
• Dynavision Visual Moto and Neuro-Cognitive Rehab and Sports Training Device 3D Digital Mammography
•Telemedicine Robotic Carts for Infectious Disease, Telepsych, and Teleneuro (Stroke)
• Hugs High-level Infant Security System in The Baby Place