- Share your talents, skill and time
- Assist with patients, their families and hospital staff
- Meet wonderful, caring people who will enrich your life.
- Give back to the community
- Make a difference in someone’s life.
Our volunteers provide many services:
- Staff the Gift Shop
- Assist with fundraising through outside vendor sales
- Participate in community events
- Staff the Information Desk
- Deliver newspapers to patient rooms
- Administrative duties in Administration, Accounting, Development, Quality Services and Volunteer Services
- Assist in Physical Therapy
- Assist in Pharmacy
- Assist in the Surgical Waiting Room
- Create floral arrangements sold in the gift shop
- Escort patient and visitors
- Assist in the Emergency Department
- Assist at offsite locations at Peterson Home Care, Outreach Labs and Ambulatory Care Center.
If you prefer to work from home, we offer 3 craft programs
- Cloth bears (sew, stuff or paint on their faces). These are given to our pediatric patients
- Knit or crochet afghans for newborns.
- Sew hip pockets for walkers. These fit on each side of a walker and are given to our Acute Rehabilitation Patients.
How to volunteer
- Commit to working 100 hours per year
- Obtain an application
- Submit the completed application to the hospital
- Schedule a mandatory interview with the volunteer coordinator
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be willing to substitute for another volunteer occasionally
- Complete a TB screening
- Receive an annual flu shot
- Purchase a uniform
- Complete general, departmental and annual orientation
- Pay annual dues
Contact Peterson’s Volunteer Coordinator, Judy Jones Amason at 830-258-7630.
Save time and download our Volunteer Application here!
Please click on all of the links below to learn about our Volunteer Opportunities before you apply.
<links to come>