Peterson was built on the volunteer services of others. Join our family of volunteers who donate their time to help fulfill our mission. Whether you want to work one-on-one, with patients and visitors or prefer to serve the hospital behind the scenes, you will discover that volunteers really make an impact here.
Call our Volunteer Coordinator, Jane Harris at 830-258-7630 to learn more about the multitude of opportunities including:
- Join the PRMC Auxiliary – From meeting and greeting at our front reception desk, working in our trendy gift shop, or assisting with hospital services such as the Ambulatory Care Center, Hospice, Home Care and Women’s Services to helping families of patients in our surgery waiting room, the Auxiliary supports our needs with a warm and sincere smile, while dedicating thousands of hours to support the hospital.
Interested in volunteering for Peterson Hospice? Contact Gretchen Rye at 830-258-7401 to learn about the training and requirements:
- Be a Hospice Volunteer – Hospice Volunteers find it personally gratifying, intellectually stimulating and emotionally meaningful to assist those in need at a critical point in their lives. Participants range in age from stay-at-home moms, working professionals, or retirees. Some volunteers have professional skills or specialized expertise, but most are just people who want to help their friends and neighbors and serve the community. Peterson Hospice has a wide variety of opportunities available for local hospice volunteers including:
– Patient Visitation- Floral Program
– Bereavement Program – adult and children
– Pathways – support and encouragement for patients whose diagnosis is two years or less
– No One Dies Alone
– Administrative Duties
For more information on each of these areas or the Hospice Volunteer program, contact Gretchen Rye at 830-258-7137 or email email@example.com.
Interested in volunteering with the Development Department for the annual gala or exciting donor events? Contact the Development and Peterson Health Foundation at 830-258-7421 for more information.
Become a part of this active volunteer corps! Learn more about our volunteer opportunities here! Volunteer With Us!